I am currently working in the "DevOps" area . Since I originally looked after small cute PHP applications, this was of course, somehow a jump into the cold water.
Thanks to the Internet, there is enough material for reading , to deal with the subject. If you are interested, whats in my opinion are must be read blogs, pages and books on the subject, feel free and read this little post in peace.
I’ve also taken the trouble for you, and listed only the links, where somebody is still alive. In any case, all this links are followed by myself. Except for the Blog of “otto.de”all are in English language.
Blogs with fresh stuff
- The Netflix Tech Blog: The Nerds from Netflix
- AWS Blog: Amazon Web-Services Blog
- Google Cloud Platform: Googles Platform Blog
- CodeAsCraft: DevOps Blog from Etsy
- Airbnb Engineering: Maker of the loved AirBnb
- Digimondo DevBlog: Ok.. this is Self-promotion
- Kickstarter Engineering: The makers of Kickstarter
- DevOpsGuys: Private Blog about several DevOps topics
- Scalable Startups: Mostly AWS stuff
- The Lone Sysadmin: Not a “real” DevOps Blog, but high focus at ops.
- Blog Heroku: The makers of Heroku Platfom
- Andrew Hay: Mostly Cyber-Security topics
- Dev Otto: Blog from “Otto”, famous company in Germany
- High Scalability: Blog about building robust and fast sites
- Daysha Consulting: Useful case study material and links to learnings
- Everything DevOps: Sub-Reddit about DevOps topics
- DevOps LinkedIN: 50k+ members
- DevOpsIO Discussions: Active DevOps Community/Board
Slack Channels for DevOps
Want to chat to some other Op Folks?
Books to read
Yes if you buy one from those link, i will get some pennies… (*) Affiliate links.
- The Phoenix Project: I love it, story about a company implementing DevOps*
- Continuous Delivery: Reliable Software Releases through Build, Test, and Deployment Automation
- The Visible Ops Handbook: Implementing ITIL in 4 Practical and Auditable Steps
- The DevOps 2.0 Toolkit: Fresh lecture, covering several topics
- Site Reliability Engineering: How Google Runs Production Systems
- Site Reliability Workbook
- The Manager's Path: A Guide for Tech Leaders Navigating Growth and Change
- Adrian Cockcroft Architect @ Netflix
- Martin Fowler ThoughtWorks
- Gene Kim Co-Author — The Phoenix Project
- Adam Jacob Co-Founder from Chef
- Andi Mann Blogger devops.com
- Andrew Hay OpenDNS Manager
- Carl Quinn Software-Architect Riot Games
- David Mortman Security-Architect at Dell
- Charity Majors Engineer/cofounder at @honeycombio, formerly Parse/Facebook)
You know more good Blogs, Podcasts, Links, Books or whatever .. please feel free to leave a comment or use this form to suggest a Link:
By the way, from time to time I will create some more of those, so follow me on twitter: @ophasnoname